The City of Richmond is undertaking some work to the exhibits at Britannia Shipyards, National Historic Site.
The work will consist of:
- Securing artefacts (with wire, fishing, line and conservators wax).
- Cleaning cases inside and out.
- High level cleaning of artefacts
- Moving/repositioning artefacts and displays.
- Securing moving parts of industrial equipment.
- Some exhibit maintenance including working with vendors and City Trades.
The work will take place January through the beginning of March
If you are a preparator interesting in learning more about this work please send me your resume directly to:
Museum & Heritage Services
City of Richmond
If you are working in Museums in the lower mainland and know of a preparator who may be interested please send them this e-mail.