OB POSTING: Summer Program Leader
The Richmond Museum invites applications for Summer Program Leaders for one-week summer daycamps and one-day summer programs about archaeology, museums and local history for children ages 4-10.
TWO Program Leaders will share the following responsibilities:
- Develop, deliver and evaluate programs for children ages 4-10
- Prepare all materials and managing resources for each program
- Maintain an assigned budget and current inventory of supplies
- Train and provide direction to high school volunteers
- Maintain a positive and healthy learning environment
- Liaise with Museum & Heritage Services staff, Cultural Centre staff and parents
MUST BE A CURRENT FULL-TIME UNIVERSITY OR COLLEGE STUDENT RETURNING TO FULL-TIME STUDIES IN THE FALL
- Background in history, museum studies, anthropology, education or related fields
- Demonstrated leadership experience with groups of children
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver activities for children ages 4-10
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Class 5 drivers license and the use of a vehicle
- First aid training and previous experience in a museum environment are assets
A police information check and flexible schedule with some weekend work is required.
HOURS OF WORK:
Up to 40 hours per week for 12 weeks, from June to August 2019; $15.61/hour
** Wages and period of employment dependent upon funding approval.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume BY E-MAIL to:
Educational Programs Coordinator, email@example.com
Deadline for submissions is Sunday, March 24, 2019