GRANT PROGRAMS MANAGER
We are creating a new full-time position of Grant Programs Manager for a term of four years. Providing grants to support heritage conservation of buildings and places in Vancouver is a core activity for VHF. New funding for an expanded program is making it possible to create a dedicated staff position to manage granting programs. The successful candidate will lead the implementation, launch and management of new and ongoing grant programs. Technical conservation knowledge, experience in program management and a passion for historic places and conservation will be essential.
The launch of a significant new grant program to support heritage conservation of a wide range of buildings and sites in Vancouver will be core to the Grant Programs Manager’s responsibilities. The Grant Programs Manager will also manage current grant programs and provide support to home and building owners about heritage conservation including maintaining information resources for the public. Information about current programs is provided in the Get a Grant section of the website. These include the True Colours historic paint palette and grant, Restore It, House Call and the Heritage Energy Retrofit Grant program. An overview of the new program can be found here.
The position will report to the Executive Director and be based in our office in downtown Vancouver.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent post-secondary education and experience, preferably in history, heritage conservation, built environment fields, or related discipline.
- Technical knowledge of historic buildings and places, their construction and conservation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships with stakeholders, the public, and partners.
- Project leadership experience including strong organizational skills, developing and managing multiple project timelines, and effective record keeping.
- Initiative and ability to generate new ideas and put them into action.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others including colleagues, volunteers, board members and partner organizations.
- Strong content writing skills for the purpose of conveying information to the general public.
- Computer fluency with at a minimum Microsoft Office suite.
Valuable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Formal training and professional accreditation in heritage conservation.
- Familiarity with Vancouver’s history and development.
- Knowledge of environmental sustainability and building retrofits.
The full-time position is 37.5 hours per week, currently for four years (based on program funding). Some flexibility in work hours may be available. The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $70,000. The Grant Programs Manager will be eligible for VHF’s group benefits program.
To apply in confidence, please send a resume and cover letter to Judith Mosley, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Monday April 29, 2019 at midnight. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.