DEVELOPMENT AND ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR
ABOUT THE VPAG
The Vernon Public Art Gallery is a registered non-profit organization that services the Greater Vernon Area and surrounding communities and is the largest art gallery in the North Okanagan. Located in the heart of downtown Vernon, the gallery serves as a hub for arts and culture in the region.
In October of 2018 funding was approved for the construction of a new purpose-built facility to house the Gallery and other cultural organizations, making this a time of exciting growth and expansion, as well as cementing the Gallery’s role as a catalyst for re-energizing the downtown core. The Gallery maintains a collection of 600+ works of historic and contemporary art of both local and national importance. An average of 18 exhibitions are hosted annually with accompanying workshops, educational tours, academic presentations, and community-based discussion panels.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The VPAG is seeking a motivated individual to join the gallery as the Coordinator for Development and Administration. This role will provide administrative support and stewardship to areas of fund development, membership, volunteering, and general gallery operations. This position will work closely with all gallery departments to develop successful programs and foster strong relationships within the community.
· Manage regular gallery records and statistics (including internal reporting and reporting statistics with CADAC)
· Manage a database of gallery members, sponsors, and donors
· Assist with developing and delivering annual targets in areas of fundraising, sponsorship, and membership
· Assist with grant applications, donor cultivation, and communications
· Support fundraising events, appeals, and other initiatives
· Implement best practices for fundraising and volunteer activities
· Utilize Blackbaud eTapestry to run reports, queries, and manage selected communications
· Provide administrative support to other departments as necessary
· Relevant degree, diploma, or coursework in business, administration, policy, or arts and culture
· Able to work collaboratively with other gallery departments
· Able to exercise discretion and sound judgement when dealing with confidential matters
· Strong administrative and project management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
· Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, experience with Blackbaud eTapestry and the Square POS system is considered an asset
· Experience coordinating volunteers and small project teams an asset
· Experience with non-profit organization, fundraising, and working with a Board of Directors are considered assets
· Keen eye for detail and a drive to deliver results and exceed expectations
· Able to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends
Hours: Regular, Full Time. 35 hrs/week Monday to Friday. Additional time during evenings and weekends is required periodically. The anticipated start date for this position is August 19, 2019.
Remuneration: Annual salary of $29,000 – $32,000 (plus benefits) and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to Executive Director Dauna Kennedy at
firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line Development and Administrative Coordinator)
Attn Dauna Kennedy
Vernon Public Art Gallery
3228 – 31st Avenue
The deadline to submit an application is August 12, 2019 at 11:59PM.