The Vancouver Maritime Museum (VMM) is seeking an energetic, self-motivated team player who thrives on accomplishing goals and getting results for the position of Development Manager.
The VMM is one of the major maritime museums on the west coast of North America, recognized internationally as a world-class leader in preserving maritime history of Vancouver, BC and the Canadian Arctic. Both the historical site of the St. Roch, the museum’s permanent exhibits and its many temporary exhibits attract thousands of visitors from all over the world every year. The museum also offers an extensive range of school and community programs. As Development Manager, you will be playing a key role in our continuous growth, be a part of a great team of committed and passionate people while working in one of the most beautiful locations in Vancouver.
Development Manager duties include:
- Preparing an annual update of the fundraising plan, focusing on generating revenue, encouraging participation, stewardship and boosting community involvement.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, Board of Trustees and Director of Development, regularly interact with donors ensuring that donors and supporters understand the importance of their donations and are satisfied with the results. The Development Manager will also help encouraging new donors to give to the VMM.
- Be involved in significant community leadership and outreach.
- Participating in the creation, planning, hosting and execution of special events which will appeal to both current and potential donors.
- Preparing materials for sponsorships, grants, gifts and impact reports.
- Work with eTapestry to ensure database is kept current
- Reporting to and working with the Director of Development and the Executive Director on a regular basis.
Responsibilities will include the following and such other responsibilities as the Director of Development and Executive Director may assign from time to time:
- Updating the donor and corporate prospect lists.
- Coordinating Donor Recognition events.
- Preparing fundraising reports for the Director or Development.
- Preparing materials such as: Sponsorship kits, Fundraising Reports, grants and impact reports.
- Monitoring online donations and ensuring donor benefits are realized.
- Working with the marketing department, coordinating and monitoring the fundraising section of the website.
- Providing administrative support for the Director of Development.
- Undertaking research in support of development activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
The VMM is looking for a candidate who are just as adept at making financial decisions as at communicating with others. The Development manager will possess the following core skills:
- Strong attention to detail
- Business acumen, with strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate sound judgement
- Competent in the use of Office 365, experience of eTapestry and other fundraising software is a benefit.
- Minimum college or university undergraduate degree in related areas
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in the development and fundraising capacity
- Knowledge of current trends in non-for-profit and philanthropy
Start date: September 16, 2019
This position involves 20-25 hours per week, mostly on week days. Some weekends and evenings as required. Pay rates will be negotiated.
The deadline for applications is September 3, 2019 11:59pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org