Consultant Job Posting
Roundtable and Arrive Consulting are looking for an Indigenous consultant to join our teams. We are looking for someone who is an early/mid career professional with a desire to build and apply their skills in :
- Project management
- Strategic planning
- Cultural competency training
- Development of educational materials
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with fantastic writing and interpersonal skills; someone who is dedicated to serving Indigenous communities and organizations and passionate about advancing reconciliation through training and support for organizations. If you are that candidate, please review the job posting below and apply soon.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Roundtable and Arrive Consulting are looking to hire a consultant who is interested in applying and advancing their skills in consulting. We are B.C.-based consulting companies that provide a variety of services (including planning, facilitation, learning solutions, research and communications and cultural competency training). We work with a wide variety of clients and partners, including local and provincial Indigenous organizations, Indigenous Nations (First Nations and Métis Nation), government agencies, educational institutions, community-based non-profits, and others.
The best things about working with us are: We love our work and are able to contribute to many meaningful and impactful projects, we have fun working together, we offer flexibility over your work schedule, and we can provide mentorship in a wide range of skills. Working with us will also connect you with large a network of leaders, Indigenous Elders and organizations in B.C. Both of our companies have a lot of experience working with Indigenous youth and communities in a culturally-safe, respectful, and strengths-based way, and we are excited about the skills, knowledge and ideas a new member will bring to our teams!
The job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating and supporting strategic planning sessions and delivering cultural competency training
- Project-management on a wide variety projects
- Developing documents such as proposals, reports, literature reviews, learning resources, etc.
- Supporting community engagement through facilitating sessions, interviews, etc.
- Contributing to meeting planning and minutes
- Creating budgets and work plans
- Conducting research (primary and secondary, qualitative and quantitative) including research planning, the development and delivery of research tools, data analysis, reporting, etc. with an awareness of OCAP principles (Ownership-Control-Access-Possession)
- Contributing to the development of project ideas, plans, and approaches in consideration of Indigenous protocols and culturally-safe practices
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Min 2-3 years relevant work experience in a relevant field
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong writing skills (a writing assignment may be included in the hiring process)
- A bachelor’s degree or higher an asset
- Experience with research and data analysis
- Experience working with Indigenous organizations or Nations in a culturally-respectful way
- Experience (preferred) OR interest in learning the following skills sets:
○ Project management skills
○ Learner needs analysis and development and delivery of learning resources
○ Strategic planning skills
○ Facilitation skills
A preference will be given to Indigenous candidates
Terms of employment:
- We are looking for someone to start this position as soon as possible.
- Employee must be located in southern Vancouver Island and/or willing to travel to Victoria, Duncan, Salt Spring Island and Vancouver on a regular basis.
- Ideally the employee will work from a home office.
- This is intended to be a full-time position (40 hours/week) but hours of work may be flexible.
- A 6-month probation period will be in effect.
- Our targeted salary range for this position is $48,000-$65,000 per year based on full-time employment and will be negotiable based on experience. As growing companies, we are always looking for qualified staff and contractors, so we are open to receiving applications from individuals who may have an expected salary that differs from the targeted range.
- Our terms of employment are flexible and we’re open to consideration of employee’s needs.
If you are interested in this positions, please send an email to Sebastian Silva at email@example.com and provide:
- A cover letter that summarizes why you are interested in the position and what you have to offer to this role. Please include a little bit about yourself – your passions, what you like to do in your spare time, etc.
- A copy of your resume
- A sample of your writing
The posting will remain open until a candidate is hired. We encourage applicants to apply by October 18, 2019, and will review applications in a first-come, first-serve manner until the position is filled.
For more information about us, please see:
If you have questions about the position or application process, please feel free to call us at the phone numbers listed on our website. We are happy to chat about the position and to provide support with the application proce