Head Attendant (Education Program Facilitator)
Job ID: 2019360
$20.08 per hour + 12% in lieu of benefits
The City of Richmond is currently looking for enthusiastic, responsible individuals who have excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills. If you enjoy working with the public and delivering educational programs and tours for all age groups at Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site, the Steveston Museum, the Steveston Interurban Tram and the Richmond Museum, we are looking for you!
Examples of key work activities include but are not limited to:
· Delivery of school programs and tours.
· Overseeing volunteers to assist in program and tour delivery.
· Preparing all educational materials and spaces for programs, including set-up and clean-up.
· Assisting with the development of hands-on activities for use on tours and programs.
· Providing school program evaluations to teachers at the time of the program.
· Interpreting heritage buildings in costume and engaging the general public with activities.
· Cash handling, balancing and reporting.
· Opening and closing of museum buildings.
Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent supplemented by related experience in education, a museum, heritage site or cultural setting. One year experience in Customer service is required which should include cashiering and experience using a Point of Sale (POS) or other computer cash system is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment. Applicants will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format).
The closing date for Job ID: 2019360, Head Attendant is 11:59 pm, on December 20, 2019.