Cultural Education Assistant
- A collaborative team player comfortable interacting with children and members of the public
- Organized and detail-oriented; flexible and willing to multi-task
- A strong communicator capable of working on tasks independently
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or refugee between the ages of 15 and 30
- Students in the fields of education, communications, history, anthropology, Asian studies, museum studies, arts administration, and recreation are particularly encouraged to apply
- Computer literate, fluent in English
- Knowledge of Canadian and/or Japanese Canadian history, knowledge of Japanese language, and a driver’s license are assets.
Candidates will be chosen on the basis of their skill level and ability. We invite individuals who reflect the diversity of our visitors to apply. In accordance with the British Columbia Accessibility Act a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Note: this position depends on funding through Canada Summer Jobs.
Period of employment: June 2 – Sept 6, 2020 (14 weeks total) NEW DATES!
Hours: 9:30 am – 5pm Tuesday to Saturday
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Please forward applications with resume by email to: Trisha Roberson – troberson[at]nikkeiplace.org
Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2020. POSITION IS DEPENDENT ON GRANT FUNDING.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please check the full description below.
Cultural Education Assistant Job Description