The Indigenous Heritage Circle (IHC) is currently accepting applications for a part-time Indigenous Outreach Coordinator to support the IHC in building relations with First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities across Canada. Responsibilities of this position include the following;
- Introduce the IHC to First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities across Canada.
- Collect community information about the scope and mandate of their cultural heritage departments and any other departments that cultural heritage may be categories under (health, education, lands and environment).
- Collect information about current and aspirational cultural heritage projects that the communities may wish to bring to the IHC’s attention and about any obstacles faced by realizing those projects.
- Collect information about employees, Elders, or knowledge keepers that they may wish to add to the heritage practitioner directory being developed by the IHC.
- Resourcing names and updating the IHC’s newsletter mailing list.
- Collect policy documents that communities may wish to include on the publicly accessible resources page of the IHC website.
- Develop and engage others in preparing stories for the monthly IHC newsletter. The incumbent will have access to a fund for honorariums to be given to communities for their time spent in sharing information with the IHC. They will have an interest in helping the IHC address its identified goals, including:
- To celebrate and promote Indigenous heritage and the role of Indigenous peoples in Indigenous heritage;
- To advocate for cultural heritage programs, protocols, laws, policies and funding opportunities that recognize Indigenous peoples are the rightful caretakers of Indigenous heritage;
- To support Indigenous communities to steward and safeguard their heritage;
- To further understanding and of and respect for Indigenous heritage, laws, values and protocols through facilitating dialogue and learning opportunities.
This position requires that the incumbent be available to work 15 Hours per week @ $18.00 per hour for 25 weeks. Please submit your resumé and covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing position IHC Outreach Coordinator.