The City of Trail
Trail Museum and Archives
The City of Trail is seeking a qualified, team-orientated individual to fill the part-time position (30 hours/week) of Collections Coordinator.
Reporting to the Museum and Archives Manager or other designated individuals, the Collections Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the Trail Historical Society’s artifact and archival collection and the day to day operations of the archives office. The Collections Coordinator serves as a key representative of the Trail Museum and Archives, acting as a liaison with the public on matters pertaining to Trail’s heritage and tangible culture.
Some of the Qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of Grade 12 senior secondary school or equivalent, supplemented by a degree or diploma in a relevant field of study, including but not limited to record management and Museum and Archival Studies and/or Cultural Resource Management.
- Tourism/Visitor Information Counsellor (SuperHost) certification.
- Five years of experience in the archives industry.
- Knowledge of collections management systems software.
- Physically capable of lifting 35 lbs. from floor to table height and 20 lbs. from table to head height.
A detailed job description outlining the specific duties and qualifications for the position more fully is attached.
The wages for this CUPE Local 2087 position are as per Letter of Understanding #13 of the Collective Agreement between CUPE Local 2087 and the City of Trail ($23.93 per hour).
Applicants are invited to submit a letter of application accompanied by a detailed resume by 4:30pm on Monday, November 30 to email@example.com.
The City would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.