OFFICE AND PROGRAM ASSISTANT / COORDINATOR
Vancouver Heritage Foundation (VHF) has an opportunity to join our small staff team as Office and Program Assistant / Coordinator. Reporting to the Executive Director, and working in collaboration with Program and Communications staff, they will take primary responsibility for office reception services, office and program administration, volunteer coordination and fundraising support.
The position is full-time Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, with occasional evening and weekend attendance at events. The position will report to the Executive Director and be based in our office in downtown Vancouver. At the current time, the position will involve some working from home due to the special circumstance and measures in place during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
– Experience in administration and program coordination
– Experience in volunteer coordination
– A professional, positive demeanour and willingness to take on tasks as needed
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, experience in interacting with the public by telephone, email and in person
– Strong organizational skills including experience in keeping accurate records and filing systems
– Basic financial literacy and ability to do basic bookkeeping
– Familiarity with website editing, online listings and social media tools
– Computer fluency with at a minimum Microsoft Office suite.
Valuable qualifications, skills and experience:
– Experience in using Adobe design suite programs.
– Bookkeeping training and/or experience.
The position will be offered as an Assistant or Coordinator role dependent on the experience of the successful candidate. The salary range for this position is $30,000 – $47,000. The Office and Program Assistant / Coordinator will be eligible for VHF’s group benefits program.
To apply in confidence, please send a resume and cover letter to Judith Mosley, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Office and Program Assistant / Coordinator” and your name in the subject line of the email. Applications close Tuesday, January 12th at midnight. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.