Saahlinda Naay the Haida Gwaii Museum is seeking an HR Consultant for a short-term contract.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The HR Consultant will be responsible for:
- advise management on the administration of HR policies, protocols and procedures
- analyze current HR program and recommend solutions
- develop and/or revise HR job descriptions, policies/protocols, procedures, & employee handbook
- assist with the development and coordination of recommended changes regarding workflow
- ensure HR programs and services are in compliance with established policies and procedures, laws and regulations
- conduct audits of HR activities to ensure compliance
- prepare reports related to specific HR projects
- develop and present training sessions related to specific HR programs
Board of Directors
- review and revise board of directors manual
- develop annual orientation for directors
- review and advise management on partnership structures and agreements
The HR Consultant will ensure all of the above respects and aligns with Haida values and ways of being, and that the work both contributes and responds to the Museum’s strategic plan, which is under revision.
QUALIFICATIONS: Previous experience in HR, management, and Indigenous not-for-profit organizations is mandatory. The successful applicant will:
- be willing to work within Haida values, culture and governance
- have a passion for people and effective workflows
- appreciate systems, protocols, policies, and processes
- have strong problem-solving and communication skills
- be approachable, kind, and have the ability to “roll with it”
- have appropriate equipment required to perform responsibilities, and the ability to work remotely as needed
- have a valid BC driver’s licence or independent form of transportation
TIMELINE & REMUNERATION: work to be completed between May 10-September 30, 2021; remuneration to commensurate with experience.
APPLICATIONS: deadline is 5:00 p.m. April 30, 2021. Interested candidates may email a letter expressing their interest in the position along with a CV/Resume and three references to: Jisgang Nika Collison, Executive Director, Haida Gwaii Museum at Kay Llnagaay firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquiries about this position may be made to the above. Only those selected to interview will be contacted (by May 4, 2021).
Haawa to the BC Arts Council and Vancouver Foundation for making this position possible.