TITLE: Event Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: 35 hrs/week
Heritage Abbotsford Society has a proven track record as a great place to learn new skills and improve already earned ones, be mentored, and build your resume. We are looking for an indigenous person who can assist us with our special events.
As this is a Sto:lo Aboriginal Skills & Employment Training (SASET) funded position, candidates must meet the following SASET criteria:
- Must be First Nations/Inuit, status/non-status, reside on or off reserve, within SASET catchment area
- Secondary and post-secondary students must be registered full-time students during previous academic year and intend to return to full-time studies in the following academic year
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of the program.
Due to the fact that this is position that involves working with children, a criminal records check is required.
A valid Driver’s license and/or access to a vehicle or driver is a requirement.
Scope of Responsibility:
The Event Coordinator oversees the planning and execution of special events, and liaises between facilitators, sponsors, volunteers, vendors, contractors, and Society staff, and sets the event budget and timeline.
- Design, plan, develop and deliver special events on behalf of the Society
- Produce and circulate approved promotional material in cooperation with the Programs Manager
- Recruiting, training, and supervising event volunteers in cooperation with the Programs Manager
- Maintains accurate records pertaining to special event budgeting, planning and facilitation
- Presents a favourable image of the Society and its responsibilities to the community at all times, through meeting attendance and presentation, promotions and marketing and other opportunities to support and promote the Society’s mandate
- Prepares and submits a monthly report to the Executive Director
- Prepares and submits the post-event reports to funders.
- Participates in joint staff duties as required
- Participates in facility housekeeping
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit a covering letter and resume by email to Executive Director Christina Reid (CReid@TretheweyHouse.ca) or by mail to Heritage Abbotsford Society, 2313 Ware Street, Abbotsford BC, V2S 6C9. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our staff works on traditional, ancestral, unceded, and shared territory of the Sema:th and Matsqui First Nations. The Sema:th and Matsqui People have lived along the Fraser River for at least 10 000 years.