About the Victoria Heritage Foundation (VHF)
The VHF is a non-profit society whose mandate is to promote the preservation, maintenance and restoration of designated residential heritage homes in the City of Victoria. The VHF is responsible for administering a house grants program for the City of Victoria. Further details of the foundation can be found at its website: https://victoriaheritagefoundation.ca.
The Executive Director is the public facing role of the organization that administers and carries out the day-to-day operation of the VHF and implements policies and programs as determined by the Board of Directors, to assist in the drafting and monitoring of the budget, and to ensure that the VHF operates according to its constitution and by-laws, the BC Society Act, other relevant government acts and regulations, and that it abides by the City of Victoria’s heritage policies.
The Executive Director organizes, and reports directly to the VHF Board of Directors, at monthly in-person meetings in Victoria (currently online meetings during health restrictions) and acts as a representative of the Victoria Heritage Foundation to the City of Victoria, the VHF House Grants Committee, the VHF Education Committee, to the public and to other organizations..
1. Direct and carry out the day-to-day, monthly and annual operation of the VHF including relevant special projects and office procedures.
a. Respond to all enquires and correspondence received by the VHF
b. Prepare all reports, forms, correspondence as required by Board, Chair, Treasurer or Committees
c. Maintain the VHF database of the City’s Designated, Heritage Covenanted and Registered Heritage Houses
d. Administer the VHF House Grants Program in conjunction with the House Grants Committee
e. Administer and work with the VHF Education Committee with its educational mandate
f. Maintain and update the VHF website and social media
2. Under the direction of the Board, act as a representative for the VHF to the City, to the public and to other organizations. Ensure effective communication and liaison between the VHF and City of Victoria Council and staff, Heritage Planners, heritage house owners, other members of the public, and other organizations.
3. Organize and attend all VHF Board and Committee meetings, including Board, Executive Committee, House Grants Committee and Education Committee meetings. Ensure agendas are prepared and minutes are taken at all VHF meetings.
You, or your company, will have the following qualifications:
• Background in heritage conservation.
• An undergraduate degree or diploma in social sciences, arts, public or business administration or cultural resource management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong organizational skills along with office management experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly with a diverse group of volunteers, board members and the public.
• Experience managing website and social media content.
• Experience managing and preparing budgets.
Preference may be given to a candidate with the following:
• Ability to broaden the organization’s web presence and social media platform
• Experience using InDesign, Dreamweaver and Acrobat Pro (some training will be available).
• Experience researching and writing heritage site Statements of Significance.
• Not-for-profit leadership experience an asset.
• Contract range: $49,000.00-$56,000.00 (plus applicable taxes, commensurate with experience) per annum, paid in monthly installments.
• Part-time, flexible hours (approximately 110 hours per month, but variable depending on granting application cycle and deadlines).
• The contract does not include holiday pay or other benefits.
Location: Victoria, BC
How to apply:
Please email resumes and cover letter to email@example.com by April 27 2021. Include the in your application email the subject line ‘VHF Executive Director position’.
VHF thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those advancing in the selection process will be contacted. Qualified candidates from all backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.