COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING COORDINATOR
We are seeking a talented individual, motivated to share their passion and commitment as Communications and Marketing Coordinator, to join our collaborative staff team. Help realize MONOVA’s vision to be an inspirational and transformative community hub where the stories of North Vancouver’s people, places and past come to life. An exciting period of growth and development will culminate in the opening of a 16,000 sf museum in The Shipyards District (opening late 2021) to complement the existing Archives location. The Museum’s mission to engage, strengthen and inspire our community is rooted in four core values: Inclusiveness, Relevance, Creativity, and Community Engagement. MONOVA: Museum of North Vancouver will be highly interactive, with exhibits and programs that inspire discovery and encourage visitors to follow their interests, ask questions and share stories.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will oversee marketing and public relations work to ensure strong resident and tourism visitation at MONOVA by promoting exhibits, programs, events and venue rentals. The Coordinator provides marketing, sales and management for events and venue rentals. The work involves working collaboratively with staff, internal and external partners, coordinating the website and social media, media relations, and identifying communication and media opportunities. This position prepares the annual marketing and venue rental plan and manages the marketing budget. Reporting to the Manager of Business Operations, considerable independent judgement and action are exercised in the work within the framework of established strategies, policies and procedures.
Summary of Duties
- Provides marketing, sales and management of MONOVA events and venue rentals in order to meet business targets; oversees events and venue rental operations; and provides training to Guest Services Representatives on venue rentals.
- Coordinates MONOVA website and social media channels; maintains a strong branding presence; and liaises with relevant parties to develop and produce communications and marketing materials.
- Coordinates email communications platforms and content creation; develops marketing and communication plans to promote and enhance the MONOVA’s venue rentals, programming schedule and development initiatives.
- Coordinates media relations, including identification and communication of media opportunities; issues media releases and stays connected with key media contacts and the community.
- Prepares the annual marketing and venue rental sales plan; coordinates budget for review and provides input into the annual business plan; monitors plan and budget and identifies improvements; supports the annual fundraising campaign
- Conducts interviews, surveys, and analyzes internet data to assess and guide the success and appeal of the marketing and venue rental sales efforts; participates in community forums, roundtables, speaking opportunities, trade shows and sales calls.
- Establishes and develops effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts, such as staff within the Museum and members of the media and on-line communities.
Desired Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma in Community Relations, Tourism, Marketing, Sales or equally relevant specialty with additional training in supervision and retail sales and a minimum five years marketing and/or relevant sales experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, objectives, methods and techniques of marketing and promotional work relevant to MONOVA events and venue rentals.
- Considerable knowledge of the promotional needs, programs, events and activities of MONOVA as they relate to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of website and social media channels.
- Ability to develop, recommend and execute communication plans and marketing strategies in order to meet business targets.
- Ability to design, produce and edit a variety of promotional materials, or to coordinate the production of same.
- Ability to plan marketing and sales activities, set targets and execute on plans to achieve targets.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff members and a variety of external contacts, including members of the media.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of records related to the work.
Salary: $32.29 per hour (PG20-1, 2021 rates), Auxiliary
Start Date: June 2021
Schedule: Approximately 30 hours per week; some weekends and evenings.
Please apply to:
Laurel Lawry, Manager of Business Operations
North Vancouver Museum & Archives
3203 Institute Road, North Vancouver, BC V7K 3E5
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Communications & Marketing Coordinator” and your name in the Subject line by Friday, May 28, 2021 at 5:00pm PST. The cover letter should provide concrete examples that illustrate how they meet the education and experience aspects listed in the Desired Experience, Qualifications and Skills.
MONOVA believes that the benefits of an inclusive approach enhances creativity, diversity and innovation, and will build a workforce representative and reflective of the communities we serve. We are committed to developing a work environment and recruitment process that are inclusive and barrier-free. Please advise if accommodation measures must be taken to enable you to apply and be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. MONOVA is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ and people with disabilities to apply.