Summer Employment Opportunity Position: Communications Service Co-ordinator
The Mission District Historical Society is seeking a temporary Communications Service Co-ordinator for the Mission Community Archives. The Communications Service Co-ordinator will assist with the current shift from in-person programming and activities to new web-based programming and resources to promote knowledge of programs, services, and holdings via the Archives websites and social media platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning and researching the development of virtual programming such as web-enabled local history educational resources for local schools, a virtual tour of the Archives and guidelines for creating digital exhibitions.
• Helping market and promote LIFE at TWO METRES – a special project to collect digital and/or hard-copy materials from members of the community about their first-hand experiences during the pandemic.
• Researching and preparing content for the Archives Facebook posts.
• Assisting with planning and developing online programming for upcoming special events.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to improvise and creatively problem solve
• Demonstrated ability to organize information and prioritize tasks and projects
• Self-motivated and able to work well independently as well as with others
• Highly IT-literate an asset
• Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite an asset
• Must be aged 15 to 30 years to apply;
• Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2;
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations;
• Must pass a criminal record background check.
Terms of Employment:
• 30 hours per week for 10 weeks, beginning June 28 through Sept. 3, 2021; part time work negotiable.
• Regular Hours: Tuesday-Friday; 9:00am-4:30pm.
• This position is subject to the receipt of funding through the Canada Summer Jobs Grant program.
• Rate of Pay: $17.00 per hour.
Applications: Please submit resume with 2 references and cover letter by Friday, June 11th to Val Billesberger, Archivist, in person by appointment (call 604-820-2621) or via email at email@example.com .
Thank you to all applicants, however, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.