As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
BUSINESS OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR – Community Services Coordinator 2 Museum of Surrey (project 1 year)
Museum of Surrey‘s mission is to ignite young imaginations and connect Surrey’s diverse citizens and communities through participation, engagement, and stories.
We are seeking to add a Business Operations Supervisor (BOS) to our leadership team. Do you enjoy coaching a customer service team, feel satisfaction when building systems operate seamlessly, and rewarded when your spreadsheets balance? You would thrive in our busy Museum as a leader committed to positive visitor experiences and efficient business operations. This position supervises and trains facility attendants, cleaners and building service workers and is responsible for ensuring the building systems are maintained and financial records are accurate. The BOS reports to the Museum Manager and is a key member of a collaborative team of supervisors striving to make visiting the Museum an outstanding experience in Western Canada.
This position is responsible for the business operations of the museum. This includes clerical services, security, gift shop, facility bookings, cleanliness, and building maintenance. This position recruits, trains, and mentors public facing staff and cleaners, and also supports volunteer Gallery Ambassadors.
The position is responsible for budget monitoring, payroll, reconciliation, and creating financial reports. The BOS writes and implements administration and service procedures, collects data and writes statistical reports, and has systems to manage digital files and paper records. This position also contributes to annual planning, annual report writing, and visitor evaluation reporting.
The BOS is responsible for purchasing office, janitorial, gift shop, apparel, and other necessary supplies, and liaises with the City’s IT department to ensure computer and digital systems remain functional.
As Building Operations Supervisor you:
- Demonstrate attention to detail, and ability to maintain accurate records,
- Are skilled in customer service best practice.
- Demonstrate skill and experience performing clerical duties including facility bookings, payroll, budget tracking and other basic accounting needs,
- Have experience working with contractors and inspectors.
- Are familiar with seasonal and ongoing building maintenance needs (museum experience is an asset),
- Experienced supervising successful teams,
- Excel in administration systems and records management,
- Understand why and how Museums are a place of learning for the public and staff,
- Committed to reconciliation, anti-racism, and universal design actions that make a Museum a welcoming, relevant, and safe place for everyone.
The successful candidate will have:
- University or college level graduation in a related discipline
- and 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in the delivery of professional cultural programs
- including experience in facility management.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must have technical experience and expertise applicable to the specific role.
- Experience working in a museum or other cultural facility/heritage site setting; and
- the ability to lift up to 15 kilograms.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check.
Apply for jobs at https://www.surrey.ca/about-surrey/jobs-careers.