Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Victoria Senior Heritage Planner
$72,724.97 – $83,014.85 annually
Contribute to conservation and design in British Columbia’s historic environment
The Senior Heritage Planner is responsible for providing professional architectural support and technical conservation support to the Manager of Heritage Stewardship and Historic Place Operations to meet their work plan responsibilities. In addition, the position participates on a team of historic resource professionals, fulfilling permitting and assessment duties under the Heritage Conservation Act and provides senior professional advisory and educational services in historic resource management.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca or by phone: 778-698-1336.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Practicing architect in Canada with significant relevant experience OR equivalent with significant experience, AND
• Recognized training in architectural heritage conservation.
Significant experience means:
• Significant experience in providing investigation and design services in architectural heritage conservation
• Significant experience in leading multidisciplinary project teams
• Significant experience in applying architectural heritage conservation standards and guidelines in the context of project reviews
• Significant is defined as substantial responsibility and involvement in various projects of varying sizes (large to small and complex to simple) and approximately 5 – 8 years’ experience.
For more information and to apply online by August 30, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/78877