Heritage Services section of the Parks, Recreation & Culture Department
Position: Heritage Interpreter (Community Services Assistant 2)
Status: Union – CUPE Local 402 – Auxiliary. This is an auxiliary position with various shifts on, weekdays, weekends, and occasional evenings.
Apply: online at www.surrey.ca/careers
The Heritage Services section of the Parks, Recreation & Culture Department is seeking collaborative and passionate Heritage Interpreters (Community Services Assistant 2) at Historic Stewart Farm, a vibrant heritage site located within Elgin Heritage Park, along the Nicomekl River. Heritage Interpreters play a significant role in providing one-of-a-kind experiences for all visitors at this dynamic heritage site. It is an exciting time at Historic Stewart Farm as a strategic planning process is underway, while an Indigenous Carving Centre will begin operating on site as of Summer 2022.
- Deliver interpretive programs.
- Provide guided indoor and outdoor tours.
- Lead demonstrations and activities.
- Assist in the development of programs and activities as directed.
- Support volunteers.
- Prepare supplies and equipment for programs.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicants will have excellent customer service, communication, organizational skills, and be passionate about serving the public. A friendly, welcoming nature and knowledge of museum and heritage programming makes you an ideal candidate for this position.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Completed Grade 12 supplemented by 1 year of relevant experience in community service work or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience.
- A valid Emergency First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Foodsafe Level 1 Certificate is an asset.
- Experience at a Museum or Heritage site would be an asset.
- This position requires the completion of a Police Information Check.This is an auxiliary position with various shifts on, weekdays, weekends, and occasional evenings.
Applicants under consideration will be required to provide proof of qualifications and consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.