JOB TITLE: Museum Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOURS: Full time, 40 hours/week; some weekends and evenings required
Compensation: $27.00/hr plus comprehensive benefits package including RRSP contribution.
Probationary Period: 3 months
As part of a small team operating a community museum, share the heritage of Port Moody with individuals and groups through the development and execution of Museum events, programs, exhibitions, displays and promotional activities.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Marketing Promotions and Communications: Responsible for all design work on promotional and educational materials for the Museum. Updating both social networking sites and Museum website.
- Plan and coordinate special events both at the Museum and off-site: plan activities, purchase materials, promote events, organize volunteers and work with sponsors / partners to deliver events.
- Manage Event & Programs projects.
- Develop and deliver educational programming and materials; build relationships with teachers and target groups and promote programs;
- Developing and executing exhibitions.
- Manage the Museum’s long-term and temporary exhibition and display projects
- Assist in daily Museum operations
- Assist projects for the Summer staff
- Purchase supplies for Gift Shop and oversee sales.
- Provide Board and Member support as required.
- General duties of operating a small community museum
- Assist: Weekend /Summer Staff /Volunteers
- University or college level graduation in a related discipline(e.g. museum studies, human geography, history, communications)
- 1-3 years’ experience in the delivery of professional cultural programs
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Must have technical experience and expertise applicable to the specific role
- Supervision of staff is an asset
- Graphic design is an asset
Please submit resume and cover letter to Jim Millar, Executive Director, [email protected]. Deadline for submissions is Friday May 6, 2022 by noon.
The Port Moody Heritage Society thanks all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates under further consideration will be contacted.