Part-Time Heritage Interpreter
The Gulf of Georgia Cannery, built in 1894 in the historic village of Steveston, is a living monument to the people involved in BC’s fishing industry. The National Historic Site is operated by the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society, a non-profit society. Working in partnership with Parks Canada, the Society preserves the history of the BC fishing industry and presents it in an engaging and relevant way. It is open to the public year-round and welcomes visitors from across the Metro Vancouver and around the world.
We are seeking outgoing individuals to join our front-line Heritage Interpreter team, dedicated to providing exemplary customer service in presenting the site and its history to our visitors.
Reporting to the Visitor Services Manager, and working with the Audience Engagement Manager, responsibilities include:
- Delivering public tours and educational programs
- Performing front desk duties, including greeting visitors, responding to visitor inquiries, and conducting admission and Cannery Store retail transactions
- Assisting with special event activities as required
- You are passionate about delivering quality customer service
- You are a motivated team player who has the ability to work independently
- You are dedicated to building diversity, inclusivity and fostering reconciliation within our sector
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent customer service skills; public speaking experience an asset
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in French a strong asset
- Previous experience working with children an asset
- Experience working with volunteers is an asset
This is a permanent, part-time position with variable hours up to 36.25 hours a week. Shifts may include weekends and holidays. Federal security clearance will be required.
Starting wage $16.00 per hour, plus 4% in lieu of vacations.
Not sure if this is the right fit for you? Contact us to find out more information.
Apply today with a cover letter and resume:
Andrea Park, Visitor Services Manager
Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society
12138 Fourth Avenue, Richmond, BC V7E 3J1
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For more information about the site, please visit: www.gulfofgeorgiacannery.org
If you are interested in working with us, but see something in this posting that excludes you, please reach out to us. We are committed to decolonizing our practices and creating an inclusive working environment that accommodates all backgrounds and abilities. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, and identification as an Indigenous person.