This Queen Anne style building was constructed in 1895 at 309 Belleville Street, Victoria. For a time it served as a point of welcome for young women arriving in the city, by the Sisters of St. Ann.
Known as “Loretto Hall”, the Pendray House was acquired in 1939 by the Sisters of Notre-Dame-des-Anges, a missionary congregation from Quebec. This place is valued for its associations with the two Quebec-based religious orders.
Today, the French Canadian Club of Victoria continues to rent meeting space at the facility to celebrate St Jean Baptiste. In 1969, the house was closed and reopened as a boutique hotel in 1980. A commemorative plaque at the entrance of the restaurant recalls this time