Built in 1888 by Joseph and Georgiana Michaud (from Quebec), this was home to the first French Canadian family in Langley. Today the house sits on a quiet street near the heart of the city, but it was once part of a thriving dairy farm. The first Roman Catholic mass was held within its walls, before an old school house was moved to the family’s hay field to become St Joseph’s.
This place is valued for its association with the Michaud family, and their role in the farm sector and other businesses. Later, the property continued as a dairy farm under the ownership of the Beaulieu family.
Today, this place is formally recognized by the City of Langley, and is managed by the local heritage society as a house museum and garden. The building houses a collection of the family’s furniture and photographs.