Located at 702 New Bellevue Street in New Denver, this farm house is valued for its association with a Francophone settler family, and is closely linked to the development of this small town. The house was built circa 1897 by Palma (Pete) Angrignon, a Quebec newcomer to the region who started a boat service on Lake Slocan to transport food, supplies and passengers. As the town grew, a ferry took over this transport route and Angrignon turned his attention to breeding draft horses. The Angrignon family included the local barber, teachers, accountants and foresters, all in the village of New Denver.
A plaque in front of the house commemorates its history.