Also known as Tremont House and now the Abrams Block, this building is located at 212 Carrall Street, Vancouver. It is one of the oldest buildings in Vancouver still standing at its original location, and it used to be advertised as Vancouver’s first brick-clad hotel. The current structure replaces an original wooden structure that was lost to the Great Fire in 1886.
This place is valued for its association with owners and brothers Pierre and Hormidas Cartier of Quebec, as well as being the home of a French-Canadian literary and social club established in 1886. The Cartiers were two of the first French-Canadian entrepreneurs to settle in Vancouver and build there.