Ministry of Forests
Multiple locations (Hybrid)
There are currently three temporary opportunities available. This position may be able to work from home a few days a week as per the Telework Agreement. This position can be based in any Ministry of Forests office.
Manager, Archaeological Operations
$80,800.00 – $114,400.02 annually
The Ministry of Forests delivers policy and programs to provide economic, cultural, environmental and social benefits for all British Columbians. The ministry’s work supports a sustainable economy in all parts of the province and provides a foundation for true and lasting reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples.
Reporting to the Deputy Director – Operations, the Manager will manage, plan and organize the operational delivery of Archaeology Branch programs, services and initiatives, particularly as it relates to the administration of Heritage Conservation Act (HCA) permits and the Provincial Heritage Register, and archaeological resource management practices within particular line(s) of business or sectors.
Qualifications for this role include:
- University degree in a field related to archaeology, anthropology, natural resource management, Indigenous studies, law, business or public administration; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and related experience may also be considered.
Related Experience must include:
- Experience leading and coaching multidisciplinary staff, including staff in geographically distinct locations and/or in a remote working environment
- Experience resolving complex issues with multiple stakeholders
- Experience engaging and/or consulting with First Nations
- Experience working with natural resource legislation
- Experience leading and managing complex programs, projects, and/or initiatives
- Experience in financial management, including developing and overseeing budgets and contracts
- Experience developing briefing and presentation materials and other communication resources and briefing executive, leadership, or government officials
For more information and to apply online by June 2, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/100116